Friday, August 8, 2014

PICTURE FRAME BOW!

RAFFIA BOW DECORATION FOR PICTURE FRAME


On a recent trip to a local (and locally owned) craft store I overheard an employee talking about using ribbon to decorate a picture frame. She noted that the frames were "selling like hot cakes"! I never got to see what she had created because it was sold, but it got me thinking. 
What could I use to decorate or enhance a picture frame?
Chevron patterns seem to be very popular, especially in burlap. But I have an older looking frame with pictures of the home my husband grew up in, printed in black and white. So I decided to go for a more "country" look and used raffia and added a button for more flair!
I think it turned out very cute!!


I just wrapped the raffia around the back of the frame, much like you would wrap a present, tied off the bow and added a button to the center of the bow with wire.

More picture frame decorating ideas are coming soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment