Sunday, August 10, 2014

ALPHABET BOOKENDS

Getting my blog on.....

I've noticed letters of the alphabet are very hot in decor and decorating right now, so I had an idea to use my own initials and my husband's to make a set of bookends....
My husband's name is Ron, so I purchased some unstained plain wood letters A and R  and two base plaques at Michaels.
I wanted a bright color but still like the grain of the wood to show through, so I used a neon green craft paint by Apple Barrel and lightly "washed" the wood, almost like a stain, as shown here....

With the help of my handyman husband we put adhesive felt on the bottoms of each plaque and then using wood screws as shown attached the A and R ....

The finished product looks very cool....
I plan to use them in a very dark wood corner cabinet, so that's why I chose the green stain, so the bookends would pop....



Love the fact that from any angle you see an A and an R!! And they are my initials as well!
Will post the bookends in the corner cabinet in a few weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment