Monday, June 16, 2014

WINE CORK PLANT TAGS

WINE CORK PLANT TAGS!!

I have so many wine corks and I love finding ways to repurpose them.
So.... a couple of toothpicks and a permanent marker later,
instant plant tags!!

I have a lot of pots with many different plants and flowers and it's hard to remember what everything is. Instead of trying to keep the plastic tags that identify the plant, why not repurpose something else and be clever at the same time?
Plus, it didn't cost me anything extra!

The toothpicks go into real cork very easily. If you are trying to use the newer plastic corks you might have to use something to poke a hole in the cork before inserting the toothpicks. I'll let you know how they weather the elements.
Here is one of my cats, Coco Chanel, admiring my handiwork after I "tagged" our lovely purple delphinium. Hope I spelled it correctly! Our other cats aren't really too excited about the tags, they just like to nibble on the foliage, especially zinnias!

No comments:

Post a Comment