Friday, April 5, 2013

DRY, CHAPPED CRAFTER'S HANDS?? HERE'S A SOLUTION!

EASY, QUICK, INEXPENSIVE SOLUTION FOR THOSE 
                  CHAPPED CRAFTERS HANDS!!!

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with my blog lately, but I'm very busy in graduate school, working towards my Master's in Nursing. Also, a friend and former co-worker was killed in a tragic car accident and it's been difficult to deal with....

Chapped, dry hands are always a hazard for crafters, especially with the glue, paint, stains, etc. we deal with.
Years ago a hair stylist gave me a terrific tip, which I have expanded on. I was complaining about how my hands get so dry in the winter, which was compounded by my crafting and washing my hands so much.
She told me to use hair conditioner or creme rinse as lotion for my dry skin!
Ever since then, I've been hooked! You can use any type of conditioner such as the example above, Suave, White Rain, etc.
I also use the little packets of conditioner that come with my hair color (yes, I color my gray hairs, don't tell!). Those are great to tuck in your purse or suitcase when travelling.
The best part is you can find these and other name brands at your local dollar store!!
Believe me, the conditioner works just as well as any lotion, and you can get them in a nice variety of scents. I generally use the ones for dry hair. Dry skin, dry hair, they work on both!!

Another tip from hair salons:  Many use their line of shampoo in their restrooms for hand soap!
So, when you're at the dollar store buying conditioner, pick up a bottle of shampoo and put it in your kitchen and bathroom soap dispensers.
Again, you can find shampoos in a variety of scents and colors to match your mood and decor!
Note: Some people believe you need to use antibacterial soap, but I will tell you that as a Registered Nurse I know that studies show antibacterial soap is no more effective than regular soap. The key is the physical act of washing your hands thoroughly.
Antibacterial soaps are also more drying to the skin.

SO, CRAFTERS, NO MORE DRY HANDS!!
IF YOU TRY THIS, LET ME KNOW, AND GIVE ME YOUR TIPS ON WHAT WORKS FOR YOUR CRAFTERS HANDS!!


No comments:

Post a Comment