Tuesday, December 2, 2014

IT'S CHRISTMASTIME!! DECORATING WITH NATURAL ELEMENTS....

CHRISTMAS 2014 DECORATING IDEAS!!

 Sorry for the long hiatus, very busy with work, vacation and finishing my Master's degree!

Now I can get back to my crafting, holiday decorating and having more fun!!

My theme this year is simple, using more natural materials and plain greenery. But I also love snowmen and they are part of the same "outdoorsy" theme. 

Take a look.......

I have a lovely antique cherry dining room set that I normally keep covered, but this year wanted to show off the lovely finish. I found a simple, inexpensive plaid runner (only cost $1.80, part of a Thanksgiving decor 70% off sale) that has gold, greens and reds. Then I placed a few bottle brush trees as my centerpiece. Simple yet elegant!!

Another one of my decorating pieces is made from pine cones. I have to admit I did not make this, my creative sister did.




I placed the pine cone tree on a gold chaser plate and voila! Instant au naturale decorating!

Here's a few more things I've used this year...

 Now, my tree this year is very tall and I wanted to showcase some of the more natural elements in the ornaments. Most are made of wood, wire, metal, pine cones, cloth and wicker. 


For the tree topper I used a star made from pine cones!!!

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

And happy crafting all year long......



 

No comments:

Post a Comment