Friday, September 7, 2012

Cappuccino Cream Coffee Mug Candle

My intuition kicked in after I began thinking of ways to enhance this great fall mug.

Instead of making a standard fall centerpiece, I wanted to make a more creative and functional craft.  

So.... I love candles, and have so many partially used scented candles I light mostly during the holidays.
Instead of throwing them out, I melted them and poured them into this mug. Most of the candles were cinnamon or holiday scents. I saved the light brown "Cinnamon roll" candle for last and used it for the top layer.

Now I have a lovely candle that looks and smells like cinnamon-mocha flavored coffee!!

I am calling my new creation Cappuccino Cream.....

                                                     CAPPUCCINO CREAM CANDLE

But WAIT.....I'm not done yet!!

This would make a great hostess, birthday, any occasion gift.

I'm going to add a few enhancements to make it just perfect for giving.

Check back soon and see the finished product.....

1 comment:

  1. This is a great way to reuse old candles.
    You could get holiday mugs from the dollar store and make red or green candles to give as stocking stuffers. Or you could use pretty teacups and fill them with pink or blue wax and scent them with lavender or vanilla. Great for hostess gifts, showers,etc.

    ReplyDelete